There is no content to display.
Time to take a look at your grocery purchases.
On Dental Health Week (3 – 9 August 2020), we will show you what’s in the food you eat and how this can help you become healthier all over, especially in your mouth.
In other words, we want you to be more “sugar savvy”.
This campaign aims to educate everyone about the importance of maintaining good oral health by promoting 4 key messages:
- Brushing at least twice daily with fluoride toothpaste and soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Cleaning between your teeth daily.
- Eating a healthy, balanced diet and limiting sugary and acidic consumption.
- Visiting the dentist regularly for check-up and preventive dental care.
This year, the campaign focuses on the dangers sugar does to one’s oral health, helping Australians ‘get sugar savvy’.
This includes the recommended daily sugar consumption levels, advice on checking food labels in the supermarket, and the harmful effects of sugar on our teeth.
This information is supported by 3 main sugar messages:
- Avoid foods and drinks that have added sugars.
- Choose foods with less than 10g of sugar per 100g.
- Check for hidden sugars when purchasing foods and drinks.
We assume that everyone is practising good oral health, but the reality is, the oral health of many Australians is not near where it should be.
- Under 50% of Australian adults have had visited a dentist for a dental check-up in the last 12 months.
- 53% of Australians brush only once daily.
- Nearly 40% of Australians never floss between their teeth.
- 73% of young people consume too much sugar.
- 47% of adults consume too much sugar.
There are several different ways to access sugar information as part of Dental Health Week this year.
A visit to your trusted Northmead dentist is great for one-on-one advice where your questions can be answered.
Dental Care in Northmead
Smiles First Dental is your trustworthy dentist in the Northmead area. The appearance of your smile and its underlying health is vital to us.
Our expertly trained staff treats all dental issues, including complicated problems related to other health conditions.
Our commitment to our patients is optimal dental health and a stunning smile.
We make life a little bit easier for our patients by offering late hours on weekdays and weekend appointments.
GAP FREE CHECK-UP AND CLEAN
We offer all patients gap-free check-ups, cleans and all preventative treatments if you are in a private health fund ($180 for patients not in a private health fund).
We are located at 19/5-7 Kleins Rd in Northmead.