There is no content to display.
You may have been racking your brain about what to get that special someone (or special people) on your gift list and may be close to giving up and buying a tie, candle, or novelty mug.
You know that everyone wants the perfect Christmas gift and they appreciate it more with a surprising twist! But it’s hard to know what that might be.
If you want to give a gift that everyone uses we have collected the following suggestions for thoughtful, cool, and super-practical dental gifts for this gift-giving season! Give one of these gifts, and you can be certain that it will be used every day!
#1. Water flosser
Even the most responsible among us don’t really enjoy flossing, but it’s a key part of sound oral health. Water flossers are extremely effective and take much of the process out of flossing.
Water flossers use pulses of water to reach between the teeth and clear out the bacteria and food gunk that can accumulate there.
Water flossers are particularly useful for people with difficulty flossing – the young, the elderly, and those with braces or other dental appliances.
#2. Electric toothbrush
Any new toothbrush is a good gift, and they don’t have to be expensive. The good news is that now, electric toothbrushes aren’t that expensive, either.
The electric toothbrush is one of the best toothbrushes on the market, and also a great gift.
Helpful for young and old alike, their oscillating brushes and built-in timers ensure that your loved ones will get complete, effective brushing!
#3. Water purifier
This may seem like a strange one. After all, what does water have to do with dental health? The answer is that it plays a big role in dental and overall health.
Adequate daily water consumption is important in keeping the mouth clean as it helps saliva rinse out food particles left behind. Further, staying properly hydrated is healthy for your body.
Water purifiers filter out germs and chemicals, making the water safer and better tasting, which will encourage more water consumption.
#4. Tooth-friendly sweets
You’ve just reached the bottom of your Halloween candy, and it’s time to think about sweets again.
But you can avoid cavity worries if you choose sugar-free varieties and dark chocolate over sticky, sour, and too-sugared candies.
#5. Whiter teeth
At Smiles First Dental, we offer in-office teeth whitening and home teeth whitening, which means maximum convenience for patients.
We recommend in-chair teeth whitening for patients desirous of an instant result.
Philips ZOOM! Whitening is designed to brighten and lighten the colour of natural teeth using a combination of a hydrogen peroxide gel and an ultraviolet lamp.
Philips ZOOM! Whitening is safe, effective and clinically proven to make your teeth up to eight shades whiter in just one visit.
#6. Stocking stuffers
Once you have all your presents purchased, it’s time to fill those stockings. Smiles First Dental has some suggestions.
- Unusually flavoured dental supplies – Novelty toothpaste and floss are available across the Internet. Whether you have a friend who just can’t get enough beer, cupcakes, or bacon, you can probably find a toothpaste of dental floss that offers that flavour!
- Sugar-free gum – Sugar-free gum is an outstanding alternative to candy. It’s small, portable, freshens your breath, and aids in saliva production! What more could we ask from it?
- Tongue scraper – Did you know that when we brush, we are supposed to brush our tongues as well? It’s true. If you don’t like the idea of brushing your tongue, a tongue scraper can be used to dislodge gunk (like food particles and bacteria) from the tongue. This is not only good for dental health but can also help with bad breath.
- Travel-sized mouthwash/toothbrush/toothpaste – No one wants to be stuck in a situation where they have bad breath and no way to deal with! Travel size dental supplies mean your loved ones will always be prepared on-the-go! Or, go a step farther and give a full travel kit.
- Wacky toothbrush holder – Toothbrush holders don’t have to be staid and boring. Check the children’s section of your pharmacy or browse online to find a wide range of toothbrush holders that children are certain to love.
- Toothpaste clamp – For the “economical” person in your life who can’t stand that toothpaste is often left in the tube, a toothpaste clamp or squeezer is a great choice.
Dental Care at Smiles First Dental
Smiles First Dental is your trusted Northmead dentist in Greater Western Sydney. Your oral health and the appearance of your smile are important to us.
Our highly trained staff treats all dental issues, including complicated problems related to other health conditions.
Our commitment to our patients is maximised dental health and a stunning smile.
We make life a little bit easier for our patients by offering late hours on weekdays and weekend appointments.
Gap-free check-up and clean
Call (02) 9630 9996 or visit us at 19/5-7 Kleins Rd in Northmead.