What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry refers to the range of dental treatments which can restore or improve the appearance of your teeth, gums, bite or smile.
Do I need cosmetic dentistry?
At First Smiles Dental, we offer a comprehensive range of cosmetic treatments to help with:
- discoloured or stained teeth
- chipped or misshapen teeth
- crooked teeth
- missing teeth
- teeth with unsightly gaps between them.
We can address these issues with a combination of orthodontics or Invisalign, restorations, crowns, veneers and implants. Give us a call and we will arrange for you to have a consultation. We can put a treatment plan together for you and discuss your options.
The treatments covered by cosmetic dentistry include:
- teeth whitening
- tooth-coloured fillings
- porcelain bridges or crowns
- porcelain veneers
- dental implants
- gum lifts
What are the benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
The main benefit of cosmetic dentistry is the creation or restoration of a beautiful smile.
What else can you expect?
- a more positive outlook and higher self-esteem from the reversal of embarrassing dental problems
- better oral health because straight teeth are easier to clean. Also, decay is easier to spot on white teeth.
- when you replace missing teeth, your other teeth are less likely to drifting within the mouth.You will also avoid excessive wear and tear on surrounding teeth
- importantly, you can experience additional strength and protection against decay in cases where dental crowns have been fitted
- The state of a person’s oral health determines their suitability for cosmetic dentistry.
- Not all cosmetic dental treatments are appropriate for every person.
- The initial appointment with our dentist will confirm your suitability for cosmetic dentistry.